You’ll go from Slovakia’s capital city to its majestic mountain range on this week-long guided winter discovery tour. Start by wandering the storied streets of Bratislava’s cobbled old town, then head up into the snow-covered Tatra mountains to discover glassy glacial lakes, tucked-away mountain villages and snow-dappled medieval towns.
While you’re touring the foothills of the Tatras you’ll also have the option to visit caves and castles, and relax in indoor and outdoor thermal pools. Factor in a cable car to Lomnicky Peak – the top of the country at a lofty 2634m – and you’ll have covered Slovakia’s finest experiences in the space of just one week.
Why we think this trip is fantastic, and you’ll love it!
- Bratislava, Slovakia´s capital, has an incredible atmosphere in winter.
- On certain dates, you can experience Bratislava’s traditional Christmas markets.
- The scenic train journey from Bratislava to the Tatras takes you to one of Central. Europe’s highest mountain ranges in just three hours.
- The cable car journey up to Lomnicky Peak opens up a 360° panoramic view of Slovakia and Poland.
- You’ll walk to some hidden gems, like mountain huts and glacial lakes.
- The horse and carriage ride is really special – you’ll canter through the forest and enjoy a traditional picnic cooked on an open fire.
Is this trip right for you?
- Walking forms a key part of this trip, but it’s planned in a way that means almost anyone with an average level of fitness can take part.
- Some sections of the tourist paths can be icy. Spikes and walking poles will be provided so you can enjoy walking, even on slippery terrain.
- Temperatures can drop well below 0 C° in winter months, so you’ll need to prepare for cold weather.