You’ll go from Slovakia’s capital city to its majestic mountain range on this five-day, four-night guided winter discovery tour.
Start by taking a fast train from Bratislava to Poprad Tatry, getaway to the Tatras. Then head up into the snow-covered mountains to discover glassy glacial lakes, sky-high peaks, tucked-away mountain villages and snow-dappled medieval towns.
Factor in a cable car to Lomnicky Peak – the top of the country at a lofty 2634m – and you’ll have covered Slovakia’s finest experiences in just a few days.
You’ll finish the tour back in Bratislava, where you’ll have an afternoon to spend wandering the storied streets of the capital’s cobbled old town.
Why we think this trip is fantastic, and you’ll love it!
- Bratislava, Slovakia´s capital, has an incredible atmosphere in winter.
- On certain dates, you can experience Bratislava’s traditional Christmas markets.
- The scenic train journey from Bratislava to the Tatras takes you to one of Central. Europe’s highest mountain ranges in just three hours.
- The cable car journey up to Lomnicky Peak opens up a 360° panoramic view of Slovakia and Poland.
- You’ll walk to some hidden gems, like mountain huts and glacial lakes.
Is this trip right for you?
- Walking forms a key part of this trip, but it’s planned in a way that means almost anyone with an average level of fitness can take part.
- Some sections of the tourist paths can be icy. Spikes and walking poles will be provided so you can enjoy walking, even on slippery terrain.
- Temperatures can drop well below 0 C° in winter months, so you’ll need to prepare for cold weather.