This action-packed, week-long adventure starts from Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia, and ticks off the most popular winter activities in the Tatra Mountains.
For the most part, you’ll be based in the picturesque village of Tatranska Lomnica, in the shadow of Slovakia´s highest peak, Gerlachovsky Štít (2654m). From there you’ll head out each day to enjoy everything these majestic mountains have to offer.
You’ll have one of our fantastic Slovakian tour leaders as your guide throughout, plus expert activity guides where necessary. You´ll start the week with guided snowshoeing, then get a lesson in cross-country skiing in Strbske Pleso.
You’ll go on to explore the authentic village of Zdiar including a visit to an outdoor museum, a horse and carriage ride and a picnic on an open fire. Plus, you can choose to relax in outdoor or indoor thermal pools and go skiing or snowboarding on the longest runs in the Tatras. All in all, this trip really does have it all.
Why we think this trip is fantastic, and you’ll love it!
- You’ll go cross-country skiing around Strbske Pleso, Slovakia´s highest village.
- You can ski or snowboard on the longest slopes of the sunny Tatras.
- You’ll enjoy a horse and carriage ride that ends with a traditional picnic cooked in the Slovakian way – grilled on an open fire.
- While you’re snowshoeing, you’ll follow routes that were used by local smugglers to bring goods from Poland to Slovakia, with stunning views on Belianske Tatras.
- Each activity is tailored to your ability – whether you’re an expert at winter sports, or just starting out. Your leaders and guides will be able to help you get the most out of your winter adventure.