Active families will love this European mountain adventure in Slovakia. We’ve designed a trip where the whole family can join in with exciting winter activities like snowshoeing, dog-sledding and skiing. And all with a backdrop of stunning scenery – from winding valleys and lofty peaks, to crystal-clear mountain lakes and frozen waterfalls.
An expert local tour leader will look after you during this eight-day winter adventure, and there’s a comfortable hotel to return home to each day. We’ve planned some really special family experiences, too, like a horse and carriage ride with a woodland picnic served on an open fire at the end.
Why we think this trip is fantastic, and you’ll love it!
- You can tick off culture in Bratislava before you venture into the mountains.
- The whole family can try snowshoeing, dog sledding and, if you want to, snowmobiling, snow-tubing and ice skating.
- There’s a horse and carriage ride included, and you’ll travel through the village of Zdiar before stopping for a feast of local food, cooked on a Slovak-style barbecue on an open fire.
- As this is a winter holiday, you’ll have the chance to experience skiing or snowboarding down Slovakia´s longest runs on the sunny slopes of the Tatras.
- This trip will immerse your family in Slovakian culture – from the hospitality at our specially-chosen hotel, to the visit to a Goral village high in the mountains.
Is this trip right for you?
- Activities like winter walking, snowshoeing and dog-sledding form a key part of this trip.
- The activities are planned so people of varying abilities, and children of different ages, can take part.
- No real physical fitness is required, just a family spirit of adventure.