A five-day tour of adventurous walking in beautiful Slovak Paradise National Park awaits on this guided adventure. Slovak Paradise is located in the wild, eastern part of the country and is relatively undiscovered. It is home to gorges, canyons and caves, which in turn host cascading waterfalls and flowing rivers. These set the scene for your treks each day. Metal bridges and ladders – sometimes reminiscent of the Italian Via Ferrata – take you across, up and through the different chasms. With its flower-filled meadows, canyons, waterfalls and wildlife-rich landscape, we think Slovak Paradise is one of the most beautiful places on earth. It has some of the best walking for those who want to experience something intrepid and different… Come and find out for yourself!
Why we think this trip is fantastic, and you’ll love it!
- It’s perfect for people who want something intrepid and different. Walking across ladders and bridges adds a unique dimension to the trek.
- River canyons, yawning chasms, waterfalls, caves and rock-cut ravines provide a platform for adventurous and exhilarating walking, especially because you can get into their depths on the metal benches.
- Slovak Paradise is full of flower-filled meadows – you can find up to 74 different rare flowers, orchids and lilies per square metre, which makes Slovak Paradise one of the richest national parks in the world in flora – and its varied terrain is home to amazing fauna, including brown bears, wolves, lynx and eagles.
- This guided walking holiday is the perfect choice for explorers who prefer to follow an itinerary where all of the organization including transfers and activities is managed by your guide. Our experienced guides are some of the best in the country; they will be there to assist you with anything you might need, giving you advice and organizing your activities on a daily basis so you can fully focus on one thing - enjoying Slovakia´s spectacular mountain scenery!
Is this trip right for you?
- This trip is not for the faint-hearted and you’ll need a head for heights, but it is for those who love stunning scenery and something a little more daring to get you into the heart of the best and hidden bits of the park.
- Rated as grade four, this is a demanding trekking trip. The walks will be longer on more difficult trails, which may require surefootedness and a head for heights.
- There will also be altitude change on this trip. As well as stamina and a good level of fitness, ideally you will have had experience of mountain walking or completed some long distance walks.