You’ll discover the Polish city of Krakow before exploring the Slovakian side of the High Tatra mountains on this week-long, guided winter tour.
Spend a day taking in the incredible architecture of Krakow, Poland’s former capital and cultural hub, then head up into the snowy Tatra mountains where you’ll find glacial lakes, hidden mountain villages and medieval towns.
The tour includes a cable car ride up to Lomnicky Peak, which offers sweeping views at 2634 metres. And while you’re touring the foothills of the Tatras you’ll be given the option to visit caves and castles, and relax in indoor and outdoor thermal pools, all in the space of just one week.
Why we think this trip is fantastic, and you’ll love it!
- Krakow, the former Polish capital, has a fantastic atmosphere in winter
- On certain dates, you can experience Krakow’s traditional Christmas market on the biggest square in Europe
- From Krakow, you’ll reach one of Central Europe’s highest mountain ranges in less than three hours
- The cable car journey up to Lomnicky Peak opens up a 360° panoramic view of Slovakia and Poland
- You’ll walk to some hidden gems, like mountain huts and glacial lakes
- The horse and carriage ride is really special – you’ll canter through the forest and enjoy a traditional picnic cooked on an open fire
Is this trip right for you?
- Walking forms a key part of this trip, but it’s planned in a way that means almost anyone with an average level of fitness can take part.
- Some sections of the tourist paths can be icy. Spikes and walking poles will be provided so you can enjoy walking, even on slippery terrain.
- Temperatures can drop well below 0 C° in winter months, so you’ll need to prepare for cold weather.