This multi-activity, 6-day winter break starts and ends in Krakow, Poland´s former capital, and ticks off the most popular winter activities in the Slovakian Tatra Mountains.
For the most part, you’ll be based in the picturesque village of Tatranska Lomnica, in the shadow of Slovakia´s highest peak, Gerlachovsky Štít (2654m). From there you’ll head out each day to enjoy everything these majestic mountains have to offer.
You’ll have one of our fantastic Slovakian tour leaders as your guide throughout, plus expert activity guides where necessary. You´ll start the week with guided snowshoeing, then get a lesson in cross-country skiing in Strbske Pleso.
You’ll go on to explore the authentic village of Zdiar, take a horse and carriage ride, and have a picnic cooked on an open fire. Plus, you’ll go skiing or snowboarding on the longest runs in the Tatras.
Why we think this trip is fantastic, and you’ll love it!
- You’ll go cross-country skiing around Strbske Pleso, Slovakia´s highest village.
- You’ll enjoy a horse and carriage ride that ends with a traditional picnic cooked in the Slovakian way – grilled on an open fire.
- While you’re snowshoeing, you’ll follow routes that were used by local smugglers to bring goods from Poland to Slovakia, with stunning views on Belianske Tatras.
- Each activity is tailored to your ability – whether you’re an expert at winter sports, or just starting out. Your leaders and guides will be able to help you get the most out of your winter adventure.
- You can ski or snowboard on the longest slopes of the sunny Tatras.
Is this trip right for you?
- Activities like snowshoeing, winter walking and skiing form a key part of this trip.
- The activities are planned so people of varying abilities can take part, and are suitable for first-time skiers too.
- In terms of physical fitness, the hardest day is snowshoeing where you will be expected to walk for about 4.5 hours on moderate terrain.
- For the rest of the tour no significant physical fitness is required, just a spirit of adventure and a willingness to try something new.