You’ll start from the Polish city of Krakow and explore the Slovakian side of the High Tatra mountains on this five-day, four-night guided winter activity tour.
Start by taking a private vehicle from Krakow to Tatranska Lomnica, one of the most popular villages in the Slovakian Tatras. Then head up into the snowy mountains where you’ll find glacial lakes, hidden mountain villages and outdoor museums.
Factor in a cable car to Lomnicky Peak – the top of the country at a lofty 2634m – and you’ll have covered Slovakia’s finest experiences in just a few days.
You’ll finish the tour back in Krakow, Poland’s former capital and cultural hub. We’ve organised a guided walk so you can explore the historical part of the town
Why we think this trip is fantastic, and you’ll love it!
- Krakow, the former Polish capital, has a fantastic atmosphere in winter.
- On certain dates, you can experience Krakow’s traditional Christmas market on the biggest square in Europe.
- From Krakow, you’ll reach one of Central Europe’s highest mountain ranges in less than three hours.
- The cable car journey up to Lomnicky Peak opens up a 360° panoramic view of Slovakia and Poland.
- You’ll walk to some hidden gems, like mountain huts and glacial lakes
Is this trip right for you?
- Walking forms a key part of this trip, but it’s planned in a way that means almost anyone with an average level of fitness can take part.
- Some sections of the tourist paths can be icy. Spikes and walking poles will be provided so you can enjoy walking, even on slippery terrain.
- Temperatures can drop well below 0 C° in winter months, so you’ll need to prepare for cold weather.