This winter activity week includes time in Krakow, the former capital of Poland, as well as an action-packed itinerary covering the best winter activities in the Tatra Mountains.
You’ll base yourself in the picturesque village of Tatranska Lomnica, in the shadow of Slovakia´s highest peak – Gerlachovsky Štít (2654m). From there you’ll head out each day to enjoy the best activities the mountains have to offer, including snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, winter walking, downhill skiing and even a horse and carriage ride.
Add on a chance to try dog-sledding on Alpine meadows and relax in outdoor thermal pools, and this trip is a brilliant mix of adventure and relaxation.
Why we think this trip is fantastic, and you’ll love it!
- You’ll get a guided lesson in cross-country skiing around Strbske Pleso, Slovakia´s highest village. This is suitable for first-time as well as more experienced skiers.
- When you go snowshoeing you’ll follow routes that were used by local smugglers to bring goods from Poland to Slovakia, with stunning views on Belianske Tatras.
- You’ll enjoy a horse and carriage ride that ends with a traditional picnic cooked in the Slovakian way – grilled on an open fire.
- Each activity is tailored to your ability, whether you’re an expert at winter sports, or just starting out. Your leaders and guides will be able to help you get the most out of your winter adventure.
- You can experience Krakow´s fantastic atmosphere in winter.
Is this trip right for you?
- Activities like snowshoeing, winter walking and skiing form a key part of this trip.
- The activities are planned so people of varying abilities can take part, and they’re suitable for first-time skiers too.
- In terms of physical fitness, the hardest day is snowshoeing where you will be expected to walk for about 4.5 hours on moderate terrain.
- For the rest of the tour no significant physical fitness is required, just a spirit of adventure and willingness to try something new.