Active families will love this European mountain adventure, which starts in Poland’s former capital city and packs in five full days of adventures in the Slovakian Tatra Mountains.
We’ve designed an itinerary that allows the whole family to join in with exciting winter activities, with a stunning backdrop of winding valleys, lofty peaks, crystal-clear mountain lakes and frozen waterfalls. Activities include things like snowshoeing and dog-sledding, with plenty of special extras to make your family holiday truly magical.
An expert local tour leader will look after you, and there’s a comfortable hotel to return home to each day. This is a winter adventure you’ll be talking about for years to come!
Why we think this trip is fantastic, and you’ll love it!
- You’ll have a chance to explore the ancient city of Krakow on a guided walk.
- Your family can try snowshoeing and dog-sledding, bathe in thermal pools and, if you want to, go snowmobiling, snow-tubing and ice skating.
- There’s a horse and sleigh ride included where you’ll travel through the village of Zdiar to the nearby forest before stopping for a feast of local food, cooked in the woods on a Slovak-style barbecue.
- This family winter holiday includes the opportunity to experience skiing or snowboarding, this time on Slovakia´s longest runs on the sunny slopes of the Tatras!
- Your family will experience real-life Slovakian culture – from the hospitality at our specially-chosen hotel, to sampling local food and drink.