Cycle through the landscapes of three countries; Austria, the Czech Republic and Slovakia, discovering the rich history and folklore of Central Europe. This fully escorted bike tour starts in the elegant city of Vienna, Austria´s capital, famous for its imperial sights. We then cross the Austria-Czech border to explore the south of the Czech Republic and its UNESCO Lednice-Valtice grounds, known as the Moravian Versailles. Next it is into Slovakia and the royal town of Skalica, the jewel of Western Slovakia and home to rich folklore and wine-making traditions. Our cycle path then leads us along the Iron Curtain Trail following the Morava river to Bratislava, Slovakia´s capital and the former coronation city of the Austro-Hungarian kings. Our final ride is a spectacular cycling by the Danube river back to Vienna where our tour ends.
Why we think this trip is fantastic, and you’ll love it!
- This is a fascinating bike tour combining the highlights with off-the-beaten tracks of Central Europe.
- Explore the real countryside of Austria, Czech Republic and Slovakia in one holiday.
- Experience unique wine tasting with a local wine dresser and taste some locally produced wines and many other local specialities.
- Cycle through vineyards and protected areas that were once heavily guarded by the Czechoslovakian army during the communist regime till 1989.
- A bike ride from capital to capital within one day is a special experience that can be hardly found anywhere else in Europe.
Is this trip right for you?
- This tour is graded as moderate to intermediate with a combination of shorter and longer rides. Sometimes the terrain will be flat, and sometimes it will be undulating. The difference with the Grade Two trips is that they have some longer days, and a few more hills.