On this week-long, guided winter tour you´ll discover the Polish city of Krakow, then move to the beautiful High Tatra mountains before taking a scenic train to the charming city of Bratislava, Slovakia´s capital.
Covered in snow, the spectacular Tatras mountains make an incredible sight in winter. And you’ll be able to soak up the impressive views from Lomnicky Peak, which you’ll reach via cable car. You’ll also explore fascinating villages and mesmerising caves, and set off on a horse and carriage ride through a snow-dappled forest – hold tight!
As for city sights, you’ll have a full day to explore Krakow at the start of your holiday, and Bratislava at the end. Time your trip to coincide with each city’s Christmas market for an extra-special experience.
Why we think this trip is fantastic, and you’ll love it!
- Krakow, the former Polish capital, has a fantastic atmosphere in winter
- The cable car journey up to Lomnicky Peak opens up a 360° panoramic view of Slovakia and Poland
- You’ll walk to some hidden gems, like mountain huts and glacial lakes
- The horse and carriage ride is really special – you’ll canter through the forest and enjoy a traditional picnic cooked on an open fire
- Bratislava, the pearl of the Danube River offers a cosy and Christmassy atmosphere in the winter months
- On certain dates, you can experience Bratislava´s Christmas markets as well as in Krakow on the biggest square in Europe
This holiday is operated by our in-country team of experts at Slovakia Explorer. By booking with us, you get our unrivalled local knowledge and 24/7 support during your trip.
Our holidays offer unique experiences that give you an unparalleled insight into Slovakia. During the planning and booking process, we pay attention to every detail of your holiday to make sure your trip is perfect.
Our prices are fair and our standards are sky-high, which means you get top quality and great value.