On this walking holiday you’ll discover the best of the High Tatras – the biggest mountains of Slovakia and a paradise for trekkers and nature lovers. Plus, Slovakia Explorer gives you the option to book this walking tour either as a guided or self-guided holiday, so you can take your pick.
Over eight days you´ll experience:
- Walking – on perfectly marked tourist trails.
- Tatra villages – Smokovec, Tatranska Lomnica and Strbske Pleso, the most popular spa villages in the High Tatras.
- Soaring peaks – climb to stunning viewpoints, such as Velka Svistovka (2,038m) or legendary Lomnicky Peak (2,634m).
- Deep valleys – discover hidden fauna and flora.
- Traditional mountain huts – offering delicious Tatra teas and home-made dishes.
- Cable car ride – to Skalnate Pleso, one of the area’s most popular mountain lakes at the foothills of the Lomnicky Peak (2,634m).
- Mountain lakes and waterfalls – with crystal clean water.
- Strbske Pleso – the highest village in Slovakia.
On this walking holiday you’ll experience the best of the High Tatras. Our carefully selected tourist trails will lead you to the most beautiful parts of the Tatras, returning to the same hotel each day. Whether you choose a guided tour or set off without a guide, we will take care of everything and guide you safely with no worries.