This walking trip follows the spectacular Tatranska Magistrala Trail in the High Tatras, Slovakia´s biggest national park. Along the way, you’ll discover the beauty of the Carpathian Mountains by exploring deep valleys, mountain lakes, waterfalls, and alpine meadows. You’ll also get to experience the very best scenic hikes, the warm hospitality of mountain huts, and incredible views as you hike from point to point, staying in a different village each night.
Over eight days you’ll experience:
- Poprad, the gateway to the Slovakian High Tatras.
- The Tatranska Magistrala Trail which is 72 km long.
- Belianske Tatras, the 14 km-long ridge that’s home to amazingly rich flora.
- The High Tatras and the area’s beautiful, mountainous alpine environment.
- Wildlife like the chamois´ herds, marmots, golden eagle, brown bears, wolves and lynx.
- Tatras spa villages including Tatranska Lomnica, Stary Smokovec, or Strbske Pleso, Slovakia´s highest village.
- Liptovsky Mikulas, a charming town and the jewel of the Liptov region.
On this walking tour you’ll experience the highlights of Slovakia´s biggest national park under the guidance of local experts. Starting in Poprad, the gateway to the High Tatras, and finishing in Liptovsky Mikulas, the jewel of the Liptov region, it takes you through some of the most attractive parts of the Tatra mountains. And you’ll end each day with a stay at a different village – so there’s lots of variety. You’ll have a real sense of achievement at the end of your tour, knowing that after six days of walking you’ve seen the very best attractions the unspoiled Tatra mountains have to offer.